- Exercise – It seems like a simple thing but the research clearly shows that when we exercise the good chemicals in our brain are released. You may have heard of endorphins. These chemicals make you feel happy and come from the pleasure receptors in your brain.
- Mindfulness – Practicing mindfulness can relieve stress as well as improve your mental and physical health. Focusing your attention on your thoughts and feelings in the present moment, without judgment will help you to be less likely to get caught up worrying about what happened in the past or what will happen in the future.
- Honor Yourself – I’m sure you have helped someone you love or have been a good brother, sister, Mom or Dad to someone in your family. All human beings deserve love and affection. Take time to appreciate the good things you’ve done in your life. Love yourself first. This is not selfish!
- Change what doesn’t work – You may have head the saying “If you always do what you’ve always done then you’ll always get what you’ve always got”!
This means do things differently and you may get a different result. Work smarter, make some changes, take some safe risks to change things that aren’t working.
- Learn to say NO. Saying no to others is many times very difficult. However, if we say yes to someone or something we really don’t want to do, we may become resentful and in addition experience burnout. We all have busy schedules and there are many others who want our time and money. Decide what is really important to you and say no to the rest. Just say, “ Sorry, I cannot do that right now”.